Thursday, March 25, 2010

Radon and your Home

Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas that is invisible, odorless, and tasteless. It comes from the decay of uranium in the soil, and enters homes and buildings through cracks, crevices, or holes in the structure. It enters directly from the soil, such as in crawlspaces, or from an open sump pump. Radon exposure has been linked to cancer, and is the second leading cause of lung cancer.

Western North Carolina does have high levels of Radon and it is important to test your home. Get a free home test at your local extension office.


  1. Thanks for inviting me to blog...we should put this in our next newsletter for sure!

  2. Eve, this is terrific! Thanks so much for taking the time to post and share.